This week marks the fifth anniversary of the launch of Paul Beare Ltd. It’s hard to believe that in such a short space of time how we have propelled into a full-service accounting practice working with clients both in the UK and across the world.
I started the firm with the aim of helping businesses just like ourselves: focused on growth, passionate about delivering a good service, and determined to look after the people in the company.
We have helped companies get the correct banking arrangements in place; advised on and delivered effective payroll solutions; worked with business owners to help them take the next steps of their growth through bringing on new people, moving to new premises, and investing in the correct systems and processes.
What we have learned…
Every day we’re on call to answer every query, no matter how small. And in the process of doing that we’ve learned a few things:
- No-one starts a business to complete a VAT return or understand how auto-enrolment works
- There’s no such thing as a stupid question: even the most seemingly mundane and straightforward things sometimes need an explanation
- People appreciate the personal touch: everyone at PB Ltd is focused on building relationships, so our clients become friends
- Start-ups and growing businesses have a specific set of needs that can be met more effectively by a growing accountancy practice
- While the UK is a great place to start and grow a business, getting off the starting grid can be tricky, so it pays to have someone who knows the road by your side.
So, five years in, the journey continues. Our existing clients continue to grow, and we’re taking on new ones all the time. Whether we’re helping them navigate the vagaries of the UK tax system, advising them on their financial and legal structures, or just making sure the bills get paid on time, we’ve been with them every step of the way.
And we will be for the next five years.