Sponsorship Licence

Setting up a company in the UK and employing someone from outside the UK may require a sponsor licence to enable you to legally sponsor and employee to work for your UK company...

What is a Sponsor Licence?

sponsor licence is a licence granted to the employer by the UK Government’s Home Office that enables them to hire skilled nationals from outside the UK. 

There are two main classifications of Sponsorship Licences. The Skilled Worker Visa, which enables the employer to recruit skilled workers who are not UK residents. You may be familiar with the Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer (ICT). However, this was replaced on the 11th April 2022 with the Senior or Specialist Visa to incorporate the Global Business Mobility Scheme.

Paul Beare Ltd can work with you to ensure you have the correct licence for your company. Our comprehensive support services include support in the following areas:

  • Checking eligibility of the company for a sponsor licence
  • Determining which licence is relevant to the employer
  • Becoming your appointed representative to manage the sponsorship process on behalf of your company and manage the sponsorship management system (SMS)
  • Applying for your licence on behalf of your company and gather all supporting documents
  • Once approved, assign certificates of sponsorship to each foreign worker you employ
  • Determine any additional immigration skills charges
  • Liaise with any UK employees to provide the sponsorship certificate for their UK Visa application

Our advice and recommendations are there to support your overseas company.

Get in touch for additional advice or further guidance on a sponsorship licence.